CAREER OPPORTUNITY PROGRAM
POSITION TITLE: RAMP SUPERVISOR
Department: YVR / 256 Posting Date: July 21, 2017
Location: Vancouver, BC Inquiry Deadline: July 28, 2017
SUMMARY: Responsible for overseeing direction of a variety of aircraft ground handling services including, but not limited to narrow body ramp, baggage and cabin cleaning services, GSE maintenance, and customer service functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for an Airport Ramp Supervisor – include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understands contract requirements and customer expectations.
- Supervises the use of people and equipment to efficiently complete the tasks as directed and within established company standards.
- Maintains compliance with company policies and procedures by assuring that established procedures are followed through, at all times, to ensure a safe and efficient work environment for our customers and their planes, as well as our employees.
- Interprets and communicates to employees items that are in question in the manuals and/or company policy.
- Monitors and/or conducts required training of personnel.
- Provides employee counseling and discipline as needed.
- Ensures the security of all company funds, supplies and equipment.
- Maintains working relationship with customers and provides prompt response to service requests.
- Assures that all GSE maintenance procedures are done on each shift.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and provide a clean driver’s abstract.
- Must possess a High school diploma, GED or work experience equivalent.
- Must be able to obtain airport security clearance which includes an extensive check of your last 5 years of employment, criminal record and residence history.
- Must have a minimum of one year progressive ground handling experience of commercial aircraft.
- Must be able to lift up to 32 kgs in confined spaces.
· Must be able to stand, lift, bend, push and pull for extended periods of time.
· Must be willing to work outside in all types of weather and elevated noise levels within the airport environment
- Previous supervisor experience preferred.
- Familiar with GSE maintenance procedures preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in the work place preferred.
- Strong communication skills to converse professionally with customers and employees are ideal.
- Basic computer knowledge is preferred.
Location/Specific Working Hours:
- Specific shifts to be determined
- Must be able to work extended hours on short notice during non-routine operations.
- Some travel required
- Must be flexible to work various shifts, weekends, or irregular shifts
ATS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER