CAREER OPPORTUNITY PROGRAM
POSITION TITLE: Ramp Crew Chief
Department: YVR / 256 Posting Date: July 21, 2017
Location: Vancouver, BC Inquiry Deadline: July 28, 2017
SUMMARY: Responsible for overseeing direction of a variety of aircraft ground handling services including, but not limited to narrow body ramp, baggage and cabin cleaning services, GSE maintenance, and customer service functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs all duties of ramp agent.
- Understands contract requirements and customer expectations.
- Assigns duties and tasks to agents for each flight.
- Provides direction to agents in ensuring a safe operation and timely departure.
- Performs pre- and post-flight briefings.
- Know company policies in order to interpret manuals and relate the interpretations to subordinates.
- Monitor and/or conduct required training of personnel.
- Issue Commendations and Safety Citations as needed.
- Be responsible for insuring compliance with established company safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain working relationship with customers and provide prompt response to service requests.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and provide a clean driver’s abstract.
- Must possess a High school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to obtain airport security clearance which includes an extensive check of your last 5 years of employment, criminal record and residence history.
- Must be able to lift up to 32 kgs in confined spaces.
- Must be able to stand, lift, bend, push and pull for extended periods of time.
- Must be willing to work outside in all types of weather and elevated noise levels within the airport environment
- One-year minimum experience handling wide- and/or narrow-body aircraft.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in the workplace required.
- Strong communication skills to converse professionally with customers and employees are ideal.
- Computer skills required.
Location/Specific Working Hours:
- Must be able to work extended hours on short notice during non-routine operations.
- Some travel required
- Must be flexible to work various shifts, weekends, or irregular shifts
ATS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER